Lunch with Saroo Brierley
Proudly presented by All Office & Business (Office National), join us for lunch as Saroo shares his story of survival and sheer determination culminating in an intensely moving reuniting with his mother..
Saroo Brierley was born in a small Indian town. In 1986, aged only 5, he lost all contact with his family when he was at a train station waiting for his brother. He never saw his brother again.
After living on the streets of Calcutta for 3 weeks by himself, Saroo was placed in a local orphanage and went on to be adopted by an Australian family. He grew up with his new parents in Hobart, Tasmania where he spent the next 25 years.
But he was unable, and unwilling, to forget the land of his childhood. Determined to rediscover his past he embarked on a virtual odyssey of his homeland and, after many hours poring over Google Earth, armed only with the images that were etched into his brain as a 5 year old, he managed to recognise his home town – and track down his mother.
Their reunion in 2012 made headlines across the world, and his full story is recounted in his #1 international bestselling autobiography, A Long Way Home.
The film Lion, based on his autobiography was released in November 2016 to great acclaim. It has been nominated for four Golden Globe and six Academy Awards and stars Nicole Kidman and Dev Patel.
Date: Thursday 13 July 2017
Time: 12pm to 2pm
Venue: C.ex Coffs, Vernon Street, Coffs Harbour
- Lunch and networking
- Welcome, Sponsor Talk and Introduction of Speaker
- Saroo Brierley presentation and Q&A with audience
- Event conclusion
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is provided for lunch? – C.ex Coffs will have a winter themed buffet and carvery with some vegetarian options available. Also desserts and drinks will be placed on all guest tables. If you require a specially prepared dish due to dietary requirements please contact ETC Business Leaders below.
- Do we have to be a member of ETC BusinessLeaders to Attend? – No, this event is open for everyone in the community to attend.
- Can I register guests to attend who are underage? – Yes, as long as they will be accompanied by an adult at the event.
- Will there be an opportunity to have photos with Saroo? – Yes, at the conclusion of the main event. Saroo will be available for a short period of time to have photos before he has to fly out.
Need to speak with the event coordinator?
Contact ETC via
or (02) 6648 5466