ETC provides specialist help to people with disability, illness or injury to find and keep a job.
Depending on your circumstances we offer as little or as much help as you need. You might:
- have been unemployed for a short or a long time
- have just finished school and are looking for a job
- have worked for years then been retrenched
- never have worked
We will work with you to understand your unique challenges and will take the time to find out what you are good at and what you like doing.
We want you to enjoy the benefits of working as soon as possible and to do this we develop employment pathway plans based on your individual needs, aspirations, interest and skills. These plans take a “whole of life” approach taking into account education and training, accommodation, social and leisure activities, health, employment and work placement.
How we can help
Transition to Work – a 2 year program focussed on helping Year 12 school leavers on the Coffs Coast who require additional support to get ready for working life.
Disability Employment Support – ETC has been helping people with disability, illness or injury find sustainable employment for more than 25 years on the NSW Mid North Coast. From March 2015, we are excited to be expanding our specialist employment services to support people with disability in Wauchope and Port Macquarie. For further information contact ETC on 1800 007 400.
- Listen Not-for-profit community organisation Enterprise & Training Company (ETC) is proud to announce its support for Windara Communities Limited. ETC CEO Jenny Barnett said ETC’s sponsorship would go towards supporting Windara’s annual fundraising events including the local Music Muster, Jazz & Shiraz, Father’s Day Pig Races, Rock N Roll Arvo …Read More »
- Listen Miranda Kerr got one for Christmas, Miss Teen America was given one in her kit and numerous women from professional surfers to water skiers, fitness gurus to international high profile runway models are discovering the delights of always being prepared for a swim. We are talking about the “Emergency …Read More »
Before my accident, I was working in the Aged Care industry but I didn’t feel comfortable returning to that line of work due to my injury. ETC helped me to tweak my resume, write cover letters and work on some strategies to find me a suitable job. I cannot thank ETC enough for all the help and support provided over my unemployment period!
Centrelink asked me to go and see ETC to help me as part of the Disability Employment Service. When I saw Ashley at ETC, he knew that I was unable to return to my full-time employment as I couldn’t stand for long periods of time. So he sat down with me and worked out what my abilities were, helped me with my resume, clothing for my interview and suitable shoes for me to work in every day. The service and support from Ashley and the team at ETC has been absolutely fantastic!
It was challenging to find work at first with my disability. Even though I had the experience and qualifications in the transport industry, I couldn’t return to this because of the safety issues. Thanks to the help of ETC I was able to secure employment with the Fat Fish and it’s worked out terrific. Ashley at ETC has been with me through the whole exercise. I am grateful for his help and for my employer Karyn being so accommodating to my specific needs.