New Enterprise Incentive Scheme – NEIS
What is NEIS?
New Enterprise Incentive Scheme (NEIS) helps eligible unemployed people to start and run their own business. ETC provides the NEIS program in the Mid North Coast and North Coast of NSW.
What does NEIS provide?
NEIS offers approved applicants:
- NEIS income support for 9 months
- Free business advice and mentoring
- Accredited small business management training (Certificate IV in New Small Business or Certificate III Micro Business Operations)
- Development of a business plan
- Development of a marketing strategy
Benefits of NEIS with ETC
- Same day dispatch of the NEIS Information Kit
- Support and guidance throughout the program
- Access to experienced small business consultants
- Staff with local area knowledge, empathy and understanding
- Networking opportunities
Who can participate?
To participate in NEIS you must be registered with a jobactive or Disability Employment Services provider. Your provider can tell you if you are eligible.
Also, you must:
- be 18 years or older when you begin receiving NEIS Assistance
- be available to participate in required training and work full-time in your proposed NEIS business
- not be undischarged bankrupt
- not have received NEIS Assistance for a similar business activity
- not have received NEIS Assistance in the previous two years
Additionally, your NEIS business must:
- not be currently operating on a commercial basis
- independent and capable of withstanding public scrutiny
- assessed as commercially viable by a NEIS provider
- not be based on the purchase or takeover of an existing business
- not be competing directly with existing businesses, unless it can be demonstrated that there is an
- unsatisfied demand for the product or service, or the product or service is to be provided in a new way
- be established, located and operated solely within Australia
- be in an area of skills shortage for those less disadvantaged job seekers
For further information or to find your local ETC NEIS office please contact us on 1800 007 400 or complete the apply now form located on this page.
Hear what our previous NEIS clients have to say.
ETC NEIS client Dave Kinney, Spoiler Alert
ETC NEIS client Monique Muusers, Frankie’s Travel
ETC NEIS client Ian Kinny, E-button
Port Macquarie man David Kinney has wanted to open a comic book store since he was a kid and now his dream has become a reality thanks to the NEIS Program.
I learned the nuts and bolts of what I have to do, from insurance to taxes. Helen from ETC was wonderful throughout the whole process. The NEIS Program helped make this business a reality and for me to fulfil my life-long dream.
ETC broke it all down for me so it was easy to understand how the NEIS program worked and helped make a smooth transition for me.
The course was very helpful to start up a micro-business, it also helps you to see if your business idea is viable.
It’s great to have the NEIS payment as back-up. I can make as much money as I want and still get the allowance.
My NEIS Mentor has taken the time to help me with getting a business loan and keeping on track with my business financial targets.