Transition to Work
Do you need additional support transitioning into employment or training?
We can help you!
- aged 16 to 25;
- having difficulty at school, and interested in finding out your options and alternatives to school;
- about to leave school and looking for the next step in life;
- unsure about what to do next;
- or, just need help in accomplishing your goals and dreams?
ETC’s Transition to Work program can help!
ETC provides specialist help to people with disability, illness or injury to find and keep a job or access additional education.
Depending on your circumstances we offer as little or as much help as you need. We are dedicated to focusing on the areas in your life that you want help with, and working with you to realise and achieve your goals through our supported decision-making day programs.
What is Transition to Work?
ETC’s Transition to Work Program is specifically designed for school-leaver aged young people between the ages of 16 and 25, who require additional support in finding and keeping employment, training and acquiring day-to-day life skills.
The Transition To Work program is a Department of Aging, Disability and Home Care (ADHC) funded program that is designed to help young people with a disability to become work and life ready and transition into employment.
What can Transition to Work offer me?
The Transition to Work program can help you to gain the skills and/or qualifications needed to successfully secure and sustain employment.
We also offer one-on-one and group training sessions aimed at developing and improving;
- Life skills
- Financial skills
- Travel and driving skills
- Job search skills
- Emotional health and wellbeing skills
- Personal health skills
- Help finding and enrolment in TAFE and other training you may wish to undertake, as well as assisting you with your studies
- On the job training and assistance to help you gain the experience and skills necessary whilst removing the stress of the working environment
- Cooking and cleaning skills
- Literacy and numeracy skills
- Group skills
- Community participation and becoming an active member of your local community
- Finding work experience and job placement
Who is Eligible?
You may be eligible to participate if you:
- live in NSW
- have a disability as defined by the Disability Services Act 1993
- have completed year 12, or are exiting school early and looking for a day program to move into
- undertake an eligibility assessment are approved for entry into a day program
Compliance with NSW Disability Services Standards
ETC complies with the requirements of NSW Disability Services Standards for the provision of support services to people with a disability in a transition to work program.