Wage Subsidies from ETC
Reap the benefits of our wage subsidy scheme
Through our jobactive recruitment services, wage subsidies are available to employers who hire certain job seekers:
Up to $10,000 (GST inclusive) is available for new employees who are:
- Between 15 and 25 years of age or
- 50 years of age and over
Up to $6,500 (GST inclusive) is available for new employees who are either:
- Between 25 and 29 years of age
- Indigenous Australians or
- Individuals who are registered with an employment service provider for 12 months or more
Payments are made by employment services providers to businesses over six months. Employers can negotiate how often they are made – for example weekly or fortnightly.
Contact ETC to find out more or apply for a wage subsidy for one of your staff members.
How does the wage subsidy scheme work?
Wage subsidies are used to support employment. As a business owner, employment subsidies can help you expand your business and employ new staff, which helps boost the economy and create more jobs.
Wage subsidies for employers
To be eligible for a jobactive wage subsidy, your business must:
- Be a legal entity with an Australian Business Number
- Not have previously received a wage subsidy for the same person
- Not be an Australian, State or Territory government agency
- Offer a job that is expected to be ongoing and for an average of 20 hours per week over the six months of the wage subsidy agreement
- Offer a job that complies with the employment standards for the position – for example, is suitable work and pays as a minimum the national award wage
Apprenticeships and traineeships are also eligible for a wage subsidy along with other financial incentives available to employers under the Australian Apprenticeships Incentives Program. For more information visit Australian Apprenticeship website.
Some positions are not eligible for a wage subsidy, including:
- Commission-based, subcontracting or self-employed positions
- Work for an immediate family member
- Work that displaces an existing employee
The team at ETC are more than happy to provide information regarding wage subsidies and how you can qualify.