ETC is approached by many small businesses looking for assistance in accessing grant funding.
Grant funding is beneficial to both start-up and existing small businesses looking to grow and expand.
Grants and other funding programs are available for businesses from local councils, the NSW Government and the Federal government.
A great place to start is the Grants and Assistance Finder
This online resource can help you locate the grants and assistance programs most relevant to your business for free.
You can search through a wide variety of grants in many categories, including developing your business, innovation and education.
Once you identify a grant program that you qualify for, here are some tips to help you plan a successful grant submission.
- Clearly identify what your project is
- Identify who your key stakeholders are
- Read the forms and highlight relevant passages in the guidelines
- Don’t be afraid to ask questions of the funding body if necessary
- Confirm your eligibility for the grant
- Ensure you are able to complete the project within the time frames
- Ensure you have the skills and finances to complete the project
- Seek quotes and letters of support well in advance
- Writer clearly and concisely and address all parts of the application
- Provide statistics to support your statements wherever possible
- Ensure you have time to proof-read and edit your application
If you would like further help in sourcing grant funding opportunities, identifying your eligibility and advice regarding preparing a successful grant submission, ETC’s Business Consultants can help.
ETC is subsidised by the NSW’s Government’s Small Biz Connect Program to help start-up and small businesses grow and flourish.
For further information contact ETC on 1800 007 400.