So you are interested in joining the SUBWAY® Team in Coffs Harbour. Excellent News!
At the SUBWAY® chain, we don't just serve food; we serve fresh, healthy food - we train you to become a Sandwich Artist so when you make a sandwich, you're not just making something that's good for you, you're making a sandwich that looks great and tastes great too!
We don't cook with any oils so when you go home, your clothes don't smell. The work environment is fun, supportive and offers job variety with flexible working hours.
Currently we are recruiting for Trainee Sandwich Artists in our Coffs Harbour and Toormina stores.
Follow these steps to find out if you are eligible for a Subway Traineeship:
1. Contact Daniel Hardinge at Mission Australia on 6658 0958 or email email@example.com to find out if you are eligible for a Traineeship.
2. If you ARE eligible, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to formally submit your application to Subway. If you do require more information, please contact ETC Recruitment on 6648 5400.
Sandwich Artists have a positive outlook, thrive in a busy work environment and are keen to learn the art of great sandwich making. A Sandwich Artist® greets and serves guests, prepares food, maintains food safety and sanitation standards, and handles or processes light paperwork. Exceptional customer service is a major component of this position.
You will work well as part of a team, making delicious sandwiches to customer requirements. You will be responsible for serving customers, following health and safety procedures, and keeping the store clean.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Prepares food neatly, accurately, and in a timely way
- Demonstrates a complete understanding of menu items and explains it to guests accurately. Exhibits a cheerful and helpful manner when dealing with guests.
- Checks products in sandwich unit area and restocks items to ensure a sufficient supply throughout the shift.
- Cleans as directed.
- Greets guests and prepares their orders, uses Point of Sale system/cash register to record the order and computes the amount of the bill, collects payment from guests and makes change.
- Understands and adheres to all quality standards, formulas and procedures as outlined in the Operations Manual.
- Accounts for all forms of money, bread, etc. during the shift
- Understands and adheres to proper food handling, safety and sanitization standards while preparing food, serving food, and clean up.
- Maintains professional appearance and grooming standards as outlined in the Operations Manual.
- Performs light paperwork duties as assigned.
- Education: Some high school or equivalent
- Experience: Ability to understand and implement written and verbal instruction.
- Physical: Must be able to work any area of the restaurant when needed and to operate a computerised Point of Sale system/cash register. Position requires bending, standing, and walking the entire workday.