There are many studies that provide an insight into what makes a great employer and the importance of employee engagement features in most of them.
Getting the commitment and a deep level of engagement from employees can be the turning point for your business and the difference between being an average employer or a great employer.
Local business Champ Cleaning were recently named ‘March Employer of the Month’ by ETC. Business partners Krystie Boyes and Justin Male said they were very proud to receive the award.
“It’s a great sense of achievement to be recognised for this,” Mr Male said.
“We understand that if you don’t have good staff, you don’t have a good business.”
Champ Cleaning currently employs 17 staff including sub-contractors and they are recruiting for two more workers.
“We have two cleaning positions available. If you would like to apply, please speak to Angela at ETC Recruitment,” said Ms Boyes.
“The staff at ETC always go above and beyond to assist us with our employment, business and training needs.”
The partners share their tips for what makes a great employer:
- You must keep your employees informed and engaged through regular and effective communications, which are relevant and timely.
- Keeping up-to-date with WHS standards is important for the safety of your team
- Ensure that you maintain a level of empathy and encourage a healthy work/life balance
- Make your workplace an enjoyable environment – keep it light and fun
- Maintain a positive attitude and appreciate your staff – a little thank you goes a long way